Thursday, January 16, 2014

Introduction

Hello everyone! My name is Megan Kintner and I'm currently a student at National Louis University. This is my first year here and I'm excited to see what I can walk away with.


My daughter Zoey and I at Navy Pier
To share something about my personal life I'm 24 years old and I have a beautiful daughter named Zoey who will soon be a 5 year old. She is such a strong inspiration in my life and she continues to push me to succeed everyday especially when the days seems almost impossible to finish.For the past two years I been with my boyfriend, his name is Noel and he also has a soon to be 5 year old daughter. This year for Christmas he surprised me with a puppy and she is a Serbian husky named Holly.  


My puppy Holly

 Also I currently work at a retirement community and I'm a waitress there. I been working at the facility for about 6 years now and I cant wait to finish school and work in a field that I will enjoy. On my free time, if I have any, I like to bake. I find a lot of cool ideas on Facebook or Instagram and I try to create the same thing.  It's nice that I get to use my boyfriend and his coworkers as my guinea pigs and the things I make are always a success! 

When looking back at all the careers I wanted to be when growing up and as many times that I changed my mind, I always come back to wanting to become a teacher. When looking back in my childhood and the teachers that I had; they all had something special about them that stood out to me. For example, one teacher would come to school early to help me strengthen my read skills and that was impressionable to me because she took the extra time to help me and not let me fall behind. This is what drew me to the path that I'm heading down now and I couldn't be happier.

With looking at the development of technology and how it has advanced so much through out the years I cant wait to see what it will be like when I become a teacher in the classroom. I personally believe that technology is important within the classroom because it allows not only the teacher but the students to access all kinds of information along with different types of resources.



1 comment:

  1. Thank you for a very nice introduction to you. The personal pictures of your daughter and puppy are adorable!

    ReplyDelete